Calcium Gluconate Gel - 40g
Water based gel used to treat hydrofluoric acid burns to the skin, reducing bone and deep tissue damage
Calcium gluconate is a water-based gel used for the treatment of skin burns caused by hydrofluoric acid
The calcium carbonate gel (C-gel) when combined with hydrofluoric acid, neutralises the fluoride ion. This has an immediate effect, instantly reducing burn damage to bone and deep tissue. Immediate application of the gel following a hydrofluoric acid burn can greatly reduce the risk of cardiac arrest as well as burn damage to tissue and bone.
Advantages, features & benefits
- Eases pain
- Handy 40g gel tube is ideal for pre-hospital and can beused whilst in transit to hospital
- Can be self-administered or applied by a first-aider
- Creates no risk of increasing tension in the tissues
- Reduces the risk of hypocalcaemia
- Compact to fit into first aid kits and pockets for fast response in an emergency
Also commonly known as HF antidote gel, this product is a must for all first aid kits in industrial chemistry, mining, refining, glass finishing, silicon chip manufacturing and sanitation organisations.
Please note HF burns must have a full medical evaluation, even when treated with Calcium Gluconate Gel