Starting at £0.50
One-Piece, latex free, sterile guedel airway is safer by design as it combines two materials into one moulding.
Safer by design
- Colour coded bite block for ease of selection of colour coded catheters
- Bite block reinforcement prevents occlusion of the airway
- Latex and phthalate-free
- Supplied sterile in easy-open sachet
- Available in 9 sizes
How to insert a Guedel airway
- Ensure no foreign bodies are in the mouth
- Lubricate the oropharyngeal airway
- Insert into the mouth upside down (reduces the risk of pushing tongue back)
- Once the tip is around the hard-soft palate junction, rotate 180° and advance the rest of the way
- If the patient gags it is unlikely they will tolerate this airway. Stop insertion and try a nasopharyngeal airway instead
- Confirm airway patency
What is a Guedel airway?
A Guedel airway, or an oropharyngeal airway, is an airway adjunct used to maintain a patient airway. The airway prevents the tongue from either partially or completely obstructing the airway. In emergencies, the colour coding system allows speedy identification of the size contained within the pouch.