Sapphire Aneroid Sphygmomanometer
The Sapphire Aneroid Sphygmomanometer has a 1 tube system with combined bellows and gauge tube, allowing for easy single-handed use. It has a 48mm dial, ensuring easy reading of pressure values and is supplied with a standard adult black nylon calibrated cuff and zip up pouch for convenient storage.
How does the Sapphire Aneroid Sphygmomanometer work?
The Sapphire Aneroid Sphygmomanometer is designed with combined bellows and gauge tubes, which allows you to use the device with one hand. This frees your other hand up for logging results.
Like most standard sphygmomanometers, the bellows is squeezed to pump up the cuff, and then the dial will display the pressure. This can then be read with ease to obtain patient readings.
Who can use the Sapphire Aneroid Sphygmomanometer?
This sphygmomanometer is ideal for use by medical professionals, particularly for on-call doctors or medical professionals travelling between clinics. The push-on tube connection also means that no adaptor is required, making it ideal for use on the move.
How easy is the dial to read?
The Sapphire Sphygmomanometer is designed with a dial that is 48mm in diameter. This helps to ensure that you can easily read the pressure values while also guaranteeing that your recorded blood pressure numbers are as accurate as possible.
Is the blood pressure cuff provided?
This sphygmomanometer is supplied with a standard calibrated cuff for adults. This means it can be used with the majority of your patients without requiring any additional accessories.
How to check blood pressure using a sphygmomanometer
- Locate your pulse by lightly pressing your index and middle fingers slightly to the inside centre of the bend of your elbow. If you cannot locate your pulse, place the arm cuff in the same general area.
- Pump the cuff to restrict the blood blow in your arm - this may feel a bit uncomfortable, but only lasts a few seconds
- Slowly release the cuff
- The pressure in the cuff is recorded at 2 points as the blood flow starts to return to your arm - these measurements are used to give your blood pressure reading. Click here to understand your blood pressure reading.
Advantages, features & benefits
- 48mm dial for easy reading
- Supplied with adult black nylon calibrated cuff and zip pouch
- Separate bellows and gauge tubes for two-handed operation
- Spring-loaded catch
- Zip up pouch for storage
- 1 tube system
- Easy one-handed use
- Push on tube connection (no adaptor required)