Topaz Aneroid Sphygmomanometer
The Topaz Aneroid Sphygmomanometer model has a 1 tube system with a push-on connection (no adaptor required). It has combined bellows and gauge and also benefits from a trigger control for fingertip pressure release for easy one-handed use whilst still offering the option of screw valve release.
How to check blood pressure using a sphygmomanometer
- Locate your pulse by lightly pressing your index and middle fingers slightly to the inside centre of the bend of your elbow. If you cannot locate your pulse, place the arm cuff in the same general area.
- Pump the cuff to restrict the blood blow in your arm - this may feel a bit uncomfortable, but only lasts a few seconds
- Slowly release the cuff
- The pressure in the cuff is recorded at 2 points as the blood flow starts to return to your arm - these measurements are used to give your blood pressure reading. Click here to understand your blood pressure reading.
Advantages, features & benefits
- Trigger control for fingertip pressure release
- Screw valve release
- Rotating head - ideal for both left and right-hand users
- 54mm dial for easy reading
- Supplied with adult black nylon calibrated cuff and zip pouch
- Combined bellows and gauge tube
- Easy one-handed use
- Push on tube connection (no adaptor required)
- 1 tube system